Say H E L L O to my new favorite chicken dinner — skinny bruschetta chicken!!
I got a ton of feedback on my Thai Peanut Chicken (still a fav!) so I had to share another dynamite chicken recipe!
My husband and I could eat chicken every single night of the week — no problem. Since we love it so much, we are always looking for new, healthy recipes!
Enter — SKINNY BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN!
I found this recipe and tweaked it a bit to make it more waistline friendly. It turned out DELICIOUS and I can’t wait to share the recipe!!
4 chicken breasts (pounded thin)
4 tbsp fresh basil
2 tsp garlic
1/4 red onion
4 Roma tomatoes
3 tsp italian seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil (separated)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Your first step is to make the bruschetta mixture in a small mixing bowl.
- Take your fresh basil and chop it into small pieces. Roughly measure out about 4 tbsp.
- Dice all 4 Roma tomatoes into small chunks based on the size you desire.
- Mince the 1/4 of a red onion.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Include 1/4 cup parmesan cheese — freshly shaved is best!
- Salt to taste.
- Combine all ingredients.
Next, you want to sear your chicken.
- Coat a hot pan with the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place all 4 chicken breasts onto the pan after pounding them thin. Note: I did NOT pound them thin which resulted in a much longer cooking time — lesson learned!!
- Add 1.5 tsp of italian seasoning and 1 tsp minced garlic to the breasts and let sear for about 5 minutes — flip and repeat.
- Check chicken temperature periodically with a meat thermometer. You want the internal temperature to reach, but not exceed, 165 degrees.
I just loved how searing the chicken in such a small amount of oil still gave them that crispy, crunchy exterior — mmmmmm!
Last step — assemble!
Last but not least, take your seared chicken breasts and top them with equal parts bruschetta mixture and pair with your favorite carb and veggie! We did a quinoa/brown rice mixture as well as sauteed snap peas — perfect!
E N J O Y!