This has become a STAPLE in our household! In my opinion, Thai Peanut Chicken is a recipe that consists of a whole bunch of ingredients that just don’t seem like they could ever taste good together, combined, to make….perfection. Add on the fact that it’s a crock pot meal and this busy mama is IN!
My husband originally found this recipe and I tweaked it to make it a bit more waistline friendly and up our alley!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup mild salsa
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter OR 1/3 cup PB2 prepared per directions
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp reduced – sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground ginger (or grated fresh!)
- Trim the fat off your chicken breasts and place them in your crock pot.
- Time to put together that tasty Thai sauce that sounds super strange but actually tastes like heaven! Add all of your remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are combined. *If you are using PB2, prepare that FIRST, then add remaining ingredients.
- Lastly, ladle one big spoonful of sauce over each chicken breast until all 4 are covered.
- Time to crock it up! Now, the original recipe stated that this should be cooked on low for 8 hours. However, my crock pot is a BEAST and I started cooking it later in the day so I put it on high for 2 hours and it was perfect! Know your crock pot! If you will be at work or you are cooking it over night — definitely use your low setting. If you’re like me and forgot to put it together in the morning and you’re making it mid afternoon — use your high setting, just keep an eye on it!
We paired the Thai peanut chicken with some Bird’s Eye Mashed Cauliflower and sauteed sugar snap peas and shredded carrots! I bet this would be SUPER yummy with pineapple as a side…definitely trying that next!