Creamy Taco Chicken is our all time favorite Instant Pot recipe! It’s easy, it’s healthy, and it’s so dang delicious!
I originally found this recipe in the Instant Pot Cookbook: 500 Recipes, Quick and Easy by Jennifer Smith. It was called Cream Cheese Chicken – yum! Here’s the pickle, cream cheese is so high fat and can be substituted so easily with something just as creamy to give the same effect as cream cheese, without packing on the calories. Enter — GREEK YOGURT! I substitute Greek Yogurt for so many other creamy meal additives like mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese. I decided to give it a whirl – sub out ALL the cream cheese that the recipe called for a replace it with protein-packed Greek Yogurt. And the verdict? TOTAL SUCCESS!
You know I like to keep it short because mamas ain’t got no time to scroll 150 times before getting to the actual recipe!!! So, let’s do this!
1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 can (10 oz.) Rotel, undrained
1 can (15 oz.) corn, undrained
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 package (1 oz) dry ranch seasoning
1.5 tsp chili powder
1.5 tsp cumin
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup parsley
- Combine all of the ingredients, except greek yogurt, in the Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid. Select MANUAL and cook at HIGH pressure for 5-6 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
- When the timer goes off, let the pressure Release Naturally for 10 minutes, then release any remaining steam manually. Open the lid.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred the meat.
- Add the greek yogurt to the pot and stir well. Close the lid and let sit for 5 minutes, until ingredients are melted together.
- Open the lid and return the chicken to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Top with parsley and serve over veggie pasta, zoodles, or cauliflower rice.
Last but not least, ENJOY! xoxo