There’s something to be said for a bowl of hearty soup. There’s also something to be said for a hearty bowl of soup that only has to be defroster before dinner time after a long chaotic day at work/wrangling minions. Right?!
I absolutely love this Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup because it is BEYOND simple to make, and ONE batch of soup makes 6-7 servings. Amazing!
I have a hard time finding soups I like because I am naturally drawn to the ones FULL of…stuff. Give me that cream based, potato-filled, cheesy goodness…but, hold the artery clogging death wish. Ya know?
That’s why when I found a soup that was hearty, cheesy, AND delicious — I made it (MAKE it!) on repeat!
Check out just how easy this dish is!
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with chilies (Rotel)
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced into small chunks
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. EVOO
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (upon serving)
- 1 tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt (upon serving)
- Start by sauteing your diced onion in 2 tsp. of EVOO, along with the minced onion.
- When the onion is translucent, it’s time to add in the remainder of your ingredients! Add in each of the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Allow soup to simmer for 10-15 minutes as flavors combine.
Serve hot and top with cheddar cheese and Greek Yogurt (a wonderful substitute for sour cream AND packs in an extra punch of protein!)
I like to freeze the leftovers in containers with 2 servings each to make for easy defrosting for my husband and I on busy nights!